Monday, November 15, 2010

Victory??

From The Traveler’s Gift by Andy Andrews:

“I will persist without exception. I will continue despite exhaustion. I acknowledge that most people quit when exhaustion sets in. I am not “most people.” I am stronger than most people. Average people accept exhaustion as a matter of course. I do not. Average people compare themselves with other people. That is why they are average. I compare myself to my potential. I am not average. I see exhaustion as a precursor to victory.”

Usually a quote like this pumps me up but these are not usual times. If the quote is true, I must be on the verge of winning some kind of Olympic medal.


1 comment:

Ed G. said...

In between the time he climbed upon the cross, beaten and exhausted... and the moment when he rose again in total glory... even Christ did nothing but rest.

For a complete day, while those who counted on him most cried in agony and despair, Christ rested.

Perhaps rest is the true precursor to victory.